WordCruncher is a free eBook reader with research tools to help students and scholars study important texts.
- You can look for specific references, search for words or phrases, follow cross-reference hyperlinks, and enlarge images.
- You can copy and paste text, add bookmarks, highlight text, and make searchable notes.
- Additional study aids include complex searches, word frequencies, word frequency distributions, synchronized windows to compare translations, word tags, and various text analysis reports (e.g., collocation, vocabulary dispersion, vocabulary usage).
- Tools for Studying Texts is a PDF file that illustrates many of WordCruncher’s study aids.
WordCruncher comes with a Getting Started Tutorial (PDF) and help files. The WordCruncher Bookstore shows available eBooks. Each eBook is free or comes with a free trial period.
Free Software Products
WordCruncher lets you download, read, and study eBooks from the WordCruncher Bookstore. WordCruncher runs on Windows desktops and laptops, and on iPhones and iPads.
The Publishing Toolkit lets you create your own WordCruncher eBooks.
LDS View is a version of WordCruncher for studying the scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 30+ languages.
- Search the Scriptures is a PDF file that illustrates many scripture study aids available in LDS View and WordCruncher.
- LDS View also has a Getting Started Tutorial (PDF).
- LDS Gospel Library materials (e.g., conference, manuals) plus the scriptures are available only with WordCruncher.